Uploading your CCTV videos
Start a new upload
Watch the following video which demonstrates how you can upload your video files to the platform:
The video doesn’t answer your question? Try reading the text following the video to find out more information.
1. Select the Upload button on the top right in the header bar or click on the Upload Files page on the side menu.
2. An upload side panel will appear. Select the organisation, followed by the job folder you want to upload into from the dropdown list, then press the + button to select the CCTV video files for upload from your local computer or network. You are able to select multiple files at one time. If you are a contractor, you will be able to select from your list of clients and their jobs.
Note: If the jobs list has recently changed, press the refresh button next to the dropdown to update the items in the jobs list.
3. Your selected files will populate the upload window list and commence uploading, one at a time. Check that the list is correct by scrolling through the entire list. To remove files from the upload list, select the bin icon for the relevant rows.
4. The videos will then commence uploading with the File name and % upload Progress shown in this window.
Note: Please note that the speed of this process is highly reliant on your individual internet connection bandwidth. Do not close the browser/tab, or refresh the page while uploads are occurring to ensure files upload fully.
When your files have reached 100% upload Progress, the rest of the process is completed in our cloud servers and will no longer rely on your internet connection.
The uploaded video file names will appear in the Processing Videos list with details about the processing progress. There are four main Status’ that a file could have:
1. Waiting to process – this status means that the file is in the queue for processing. Files will have this status for a number of reasons, such as:
- the % upload Progress for that file has not yet reached 100%
- high demand of the cloud engine, so your files are in the queue for processing
2. Whilst the file has this status, you have the option to delete the file using the bin logo in the Actions column. If your file remains in this status for more than 30 minutes, please contact us on [email protected]
3. Processing – This means our cloud engine has started processing your file. Whilst the file has this status, you are unable to delete the file.
4. Storing results – This means that the results are being transferred into your account for viewing in the Surveys page.
5. Awaiting manual review – If your organisation has elected to have manual reviews carried out for results prior to finalisation, this status means that the automated results are complete but have not yet been manually reviewed. This status will disappear once the reviewed button has been pressed for these videos on the Surveys page.
Once files have been fully processed, the video will disappear from the Processing Videos list and the Video list on the Files page will be updated. You can press the refresh icon next to the table headings to update the tables.
Viewing your uploaded items
Once files have completed the above processing stages, the Video list on the Files page will record the file and upload details. From here you will also be able to perform a select number of actions.
If the file has finished processing, the View button will be blue and enabled within the Video list. If this button is greyed out, this means the file has not been processed yet.
Clicking on the view button will open the frame-by-frame view, showing the condition assessment results. For more information on this section please see ‘Reviewing Analyzed Data’ article.
There are additional actions that can be done by pressing the “…” icon next to the view button.
Cancelling an upload
An upload can be canceled when the status of the uploaded file is Waiting to process by clicking the icon in the Action column.
Once the file status changes to Processing, then the upload can no longer be cancelled using this method. However, you will be able to remove the uploaded file by following the instructions in Deleting uploaded files.
Deleting uploaded files
You will be able to remove files from the Uploaded Items list by clicking the delete icon in the Action column