Business Development Manager (UK & US)
About the job
Join one of the fastest growing tech sectors – Artificial Intelligence!
Gain unparalleled learning opportunities in a fast-paced, lean startup
At VAPAR, we’re creating a smarter way to keep underground pipes in operation, longer. Piped infrastructure around the world needs to be maintained and repaired in a way that removes the need for long, manual and fatiguing tasks. Currently, there are people who watch hours of video footage of pipe inspections to find issues and have outdated processes to manage their data. We’re the team that’s changing this.
We turn visual data about every-day pipes directly into condition scores so maintenance and repairs happen faster, cheaper and more accurately.
We’re looking for someone senior level who is comfortable taking ownership in their role. In this role, you’ll be working within our sales team, linking up with our marketing team and business development managers. You’ll overlap with our product team on regular occasions to communicate what our customers are saying about our products and to inform priorities. As the team grows, you’ll have the opportunity to grow into either a sales role, project management or get deeper involved in customer success, and we’ll support you with the required training to do so. If you’re joining us, we want you to become a pillar of the team and have a big impact on what we’re building at VAPAR.
In this role you’ll get to…
- Identifying and developing relationships with prospective clients in our target domains
- Building customer intimacy, understanding and mapping their organization
- Managing your sales funnel (from opportunity identification to closure). Formulate and deliver a rolling 12 months sales plan.
- Growing existing accounts and identifying upselling opportunities
- Creating synergies and joint opportunities with our partners from within your territory
- Contribute to industry technical blogs to share valuable information to our customers.
- Answer technical customer queries on gravity pipe installation, inspection and repair work
- Liaise with internal technical, marketing and customer success teams
- Project manage multiple customer pilot projects to achieve a revenue targets and work directly with customers to ensure that their requirements are fulfilled, and expectations met.
- Travel around the UK and US to visit existing and potential customers.
On day one we’ll expect you to…
- Have successfully completed engineering/business studies or commercial training with appropriate further training
- Have 5+ years work experience in a water related role, or similar.
- Have proven success in technical sales
- Be proficient in MS Office
- Be able to use CRM systems
- Have strong communication skills
- Have a consultant mindset and Doer
- Have very good networking skills
- Have good negotiation skills
- Have a professional level of the English language
Your application will stand out if you…
- Are familiar with pipe inspection standards, or be willing to learn.
- Have on-site experience in gravity pipe installation, inspection and repair work.
- Are willing to relocate to the United States after 12 months
Our team is made up of:
- Fast learners
- Critical thinker/problem solvers
- Positive and diverse thinkers
- Values transparency
- Values accountability
We are looking for people that fit the above and will help us to build out an awesome team culture.
Working at VAPAR means:
- Flexible working hours with ability to work remotely
- Work with a driven, fun and switched on team that likes to raise the bar in all that we do.
- Genuine career growth opportunities as we continue to expand.
- Much more! Ask us!